Monday, January 6, 2014

Tales of the "imperfect" cosplayer.

http://m.xojane.com/issues/im-a-plus-size-cosplayer

I came across this blog and had to share.  as an overweight female who has every intention of doing cosplay this coming year.  I really have struggled with the "what will people think?"  I am not going to be wearing anything skimpy or revealing as I am planning on doing a fem version of the 7th doctor, but there is a lot of hate on fat people.  There is a lot of hate in ANY community.

The profession cosplayers are often perfect figured with or without cosmetic enhancements.  I love the nerding world because most of the time it doesn't matter.  You get with a group of people who love what you love and you just do what you do.  But then you put yourself out there.  There is ALWAYS a risk with that.  I don't think my costume will elicit that much hate because I will be modestly covered in a sweater vest and such but it shouldn't matter what I wear. If I loving something with the zeal that us nerds do, then I deserve respect as much as any other person dressing up.

She gets it, she has been through it, and she is being honest about how it is.  And she keeps on doing it.  I have to give her props... YOU GO GIRL!

No comments:

Post a Comment