Monday, October 14, 2013

A New Blog for the NERD overflow that has become my life.

A little about me.

I ALWAYS knew my father was a nerd.  He was SUCH A NERD.  And I loved him all the more for it.  But I always thought I was more like my mom.  An avid reader. Which is for all purposes just a different type of nerd.  Dad liked Star Wars and playing Warhammer 40K and Magic the Gathering and ALWAYS had the latest video game systems to play his Final Fantasy games.  And he totally passed that all to my brother... My brother owns a shop that deals in all things nerdy.
SO I should have seen it sooner... known it was going to happen.  I am a nerd... it has been time to confess it for SUCH A LONG TIME NOW. Maybe I should have caught on when Harry Potter was a book series I couldn't put down.  But I kept telling myself... this isn't what I usually read.  This is an isolated incident of me liking something totally nerdy..... Then again when LOTR came out on the big screen.... But I lived in Denial for quite some time.  It was around the time I was going to the HP movies (with my dad) that I finally started to give in.  OK, Maybe I am a nerd.
As I have gotten older, I have done nothing but EMBRACE my nerdiness.  And be proud of my many fandoms. No I don't LARP ( i would try it) and I don't do D&D (I would also try that too) but I have my deep seeded need to watch marathons of Doctor Who and write Fanfics of books while waiting for the next installment in a series.... Just to tide me over of course.
So I don't necessarily make it habit to watch Star Wars... in fact I can only remember watching the classic trilogy once... and I have recently thought about trying to watch it again... because well, i just didn't see the big deal about it then.   I still have never seen a full episode or movie of Star Trek... but I am thinking of trying out the new movies just to see.... But I will got to a superhero movie at the drop of a hat.
My nerdiness may not be the same as my dad's but I love what I love with same passion he loved what he loved.... and that is the definition of a nerd... Well, my definition anyway....

Webster's says:

nerd

 noun \ˈnərd\
: a person who behaves awkwardly around other people and usually has unstylish clothes, hair, etc.
: a person who is very interested in technical subjects, computers, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment